Monday, February 18, 2013

Pope? Nope.

In case you've been living inside a cave, the big news out of this past week is that Pope Benedict plans to step down at the end of the month, citing health reasons, making him the first Pope ever to give up being Pope for Lent. Also, if you've been living inside a cave, how do you have the Internet?

This is disappointing. I took Latin in high school and German in college so, there for a minute, I thought my entire life had been spent grooming me for an audience with this specific pontiff. Not anymore! There's no way I can get to Vatican City by the end of February. Do you have any idea how much last minute airfare to Rome costs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the audience participation portion of this blog. Participation is optional, of course, but should you decide you want the mic for a bit, keep in mind I reserve the right to censor you if you say anything nasty. It is my blog after all. Get how that works? Swell. Have at it, then.